Who We Are
Ron Elledge: Medicare consultant and expert, seniors advocate, author LinkedIn
Ron Elledge is a Medicare agent, planner, and author. For more than twelve years, Ron has been a seniors market insurance agent in Arizona and New Mexico. As a consulting Medicare planner, he has helped thousands decipher the intricacies of Medicare rules and regulations, enabling them to make educated selections for their healthcare needs. A world traveler with his wife Shelli, Elledge specializes in Medicare for expats and frequent travelers. In 2019, International Living commissioned Ron to write Medicare Made Easy: What Expats, Frequent Travelers and You Need to Know. He’s up to date with Medicare regulations, coverage options, and enrollment protocols and is fervent in his resolve to present trustworthy data on this confusing and often maligned program.
“By obtaining dependable details on how to read their Medicare options, recipients can plan for it correctly and make the best choices,” says Elledge. “These choices often make a huge financial and emotional difference in their futures. When Medicare is correctly utilized, it becomes a powerful financial and medical tool for all who qualify.”
Elledge can be reached by email at [email protected]
Caren Lampitoc: Medicare consultant, AAPC National Advisory Board LinkedIn
Caren has worked in health care more 25 years. As a former Navy hospital corpsman, she gained clinical experience in the operating room and surgical clinics. She then transitioned to the civilian world, working in doctors offices in various subspecialties, as well as auditing and risk adjustment. Lampitoc became a medical coder in 1999 and has served as an instructor and national speaker since 2006. She served on the AAPC national advisory board from 2015 to 2018. Her passion is education and training as well as helping providers understand proper documentation and coding. Understanding Medicare policy is always part of the education for providers. Moving into her current position as a Medicare consultant brought her career full circle from clinical service, to the office, and now to the payer.
Kelly Blackwell: Certified Senior Advisor (CSA)Ⓡ LinkedIn
As a healthcare professional for more than 30 years, Kelly Blackwell has walked alongside and cared for seniors as they journey through the seasons of their fourth quarter of life. Blackwell understand health insurance choices influence quality of life and are driven by values, goals, and beliefs. She’s passionate about engaging with, educating, and empowering seniors as they navigate the health care system. She’s equipped to lend an experienced, compassionate voice to beneficiaries seeking information about Medicare Advantage Plans.
As a Certified Senior Advisor (CSA)Ⓡ, Blackwell has access to valuable resources for Medicare beneficiaries. And her work as a bedside nurse and as a Clinical Manager have given her the opportunity to see how Medicare rules, regulations, and benefits work when patients need them. With a passion to learn and to make a difference in the lives of seniors, Blackwell has graduate-level education as a Palliative Care Community Specialist with a Master of Science in Health Care Administration and maintains an active Registered Nurse license. She’s poised to join the ranks of Medicare beneficiaries this year, and plans to join the best Medicare plan that best suits her particular needs.
Medicare Plans Patient Resource Center tackles the challenges that come with aging by combining real-world expertise with data-driven metrics and the latest research methodologies. Our goals are:
1. To serve as a Medicare counselor, advocate, and educator.
2. To provide fact-based, data-driven, expert-reviewed information about Medicare and your Medicare rights.
3. To advocate for and assist in finding actionable solutions to the health care coverage problems for those who need it the most.
All guides, resources, and content on our site have gone through the following rigorous process to make sure all the information on the site are accurate, up to date, and of the highest standard.
1. Fact checked by independent reviewers: All of the guides, resources, and content on Medicare Plans Patient Resource Center has been fact-checked by industry experts as well as third-party, unbiased researchers to ensure we provide accurate and fact-based information.
2. Written by experienced writers: All of the information on this site was written by writers with at least 10 years of writing experience in the industry. Writers are knowledgeable and have experience working with Medicare and Medicare patients.
3. All content is reviewed by experts for accuracy: Surfacing what is most important to those most in need isn’t enough. All information on this site is reviewed for medical and scientific accuracy.
4. Verified sources of information: All information has a source. At the Medicare Plans Patient Resource Center, all information has a reputable, accurate source, verified by our industry experts.