Who We Are
Ron Elledge: Medicare consultant and expert, seniors advocate, author LinkedIn
Ron Elledge is a Medicare agent, planner, and author. For more than twelve years, Ron has been a seniors market insurance agent in Arizona and New Mexico. As a consulting Medicare planner, he has helped thousands decipher the intricacies of Medicare rules and regulations, enabling them to make educated selections for their healthcare needs. A world traveler with his wife Shelli, Elledge specializes in Medicare for expats and frequent travelers. In 2019, International Living commissioned Ron to write Medicare Made Easy: What Expats, Frequent Travelers and You Need to Know. He’s up to date with Medicare regulations, coverage options, and enrollment protocols and is fervent in his resolve to present trustworthy data on this confusing and often maligned program.
“By obtaining dependable details on how to read their Medicare options, recipients can plan for it correctly and make the best choices,” says Elledge. “These choices often make a huge financial and emotional difference in their futures. When Medicare is correctly utilized, it becomes a powerful financial and medical tool for all who qualify.”
Elledge can be reached by email at [email protected]
Caren Lampitoc: Medicare consultant, AAPC National Advisory Board LinkedIn
Caren has worked in health care more 25 years. As a former Navy hospital corpsman, she gained clinical experience in the operating room and surgical clinics. She then transitioned to the civilian world, working in doctors offices in various subspecialties, as well as auditing and risk adjustment. Lampitoc became a medical coder in 1999 and has served as an instructor and national speaker since 2006. She served on the AAPC national advisory board from 2015 to 2018. Her passion is education and training as well as helping providers understand proper documentation and coding. Understanding Medicare policy is always part of the education for providers. Moving into her current position as a Medicare consultant brought her career full circle from clinical service, to the office, and now to the payer.
Tammy Burns: Medicare advisor, senior advocate, and nursing consultant
Tammy Burns is an experienced health insurance advisor specializing in Medicare and senior health issues, including Medicare Advantage Plans and prescription drug plans, as well as ACA certified for health insurance and other ancillary, life and annuity products.
She’s always been driven by a desire to help people, spending more than 25 years as a practicing nurse in hospitals, private doctors’ offices, home health, and hospice. As a nurse, Burns supported patients filing insurance claims with Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance companies, as well as responding to billing questions from confused patients.
Seeing firsthand how unsuspecting patients are frequently confused by an overly complex system they don’t understand led Burns to become an insurance agent and healthcare consultant, now helping people understand the medical system. Since becoming an agent, she has worked with some of the largest and most reputable insurance carriers and agencies in the nation, and she has built a large and loyal clientele by way of her commitment to transparency and personalized service.
Medicare Plans Patient Resource Center tackles the challenges that come with aging by combining real-world expertise with data-driven metrics and the latest research methodologies. Our goals are:
1. To serve as a Medicare counselor, advocate, and educator.
2. To provide fact-based, data-driven, expert-reviewed information about Medicare and your Medicare rights.
3. To advocate for and assist in finding actionable solutions to the health care coverage problems for those who need it the most.
All guides, resources, and content on our site have gone through the following rigorous process to make sure all the information on the site are accurate, up to date, and of the highest standard.
1. Fact checked by independent reviewers: All of the guides, resources, and content on Medicare Plans Patient Resource Center has been fact-checked by industry experts as well as third-party, unbiased researchers to ensure we provide accurate and fact-based information.
2. Written by experienced writers: All of the information on this site was written by writers with at least 10 years of writing experience in the industry. Writers are knowledgeable and have experience working with Medicare and Medicare patients.
3. All content is reviewed by experts for accuracy: Surfacing what is most important to those most in need isn’t enough. All information on this site is reviewed for medical and scientific accuracy.
4. Verified sources of information: All information has a source. At the Medicare Plans Patient Resource Center, all information has a reputable, accurate source, verified by our industry experts.